Terms & Conditions
Cuckooz Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process the following data about you:
information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.cuckooz.co.uk (the “Site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem with our Site;
if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
details of your visits to our Site and the resources that you access.
We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary. Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
Although it is not compulsory to give us this information, if you do not then you cannot make a booking for accommodation with us.
Uses made of the information
The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside the European Union include:
ensuring that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
providing you with alerts, newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to;
carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
designing and conducting surveys/questionnaires for client profiling/segmentation, statistical analysis, improving and furthering the provision our products and services;
complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or any of our affiliates in or outside the European Union;
legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advices;
researching, designing and launching services or products including seminars/events/forums;
promoting and marketing services and products subject to your exercise of the opt-out right (please see further details in Clause 2.2 below); or
purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
We intend to use your data in direct marketing and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
your name, contact details (including address, contact number, email address), products and services information, transaction pattern and behaviour, background and demographic data held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed in direct marketing:
services and products related to our Site and/or our affiliates (including marketing affiliates programs we are a part of);
reward, loyalty or privileges programmes, promotional offers and related services; and
invitations to events such as seminars/webinars/tele-seminars, conferences, live programs or events.
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
Disclosure of your information
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (if any);
persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside the European Union; or actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services in or outside the European Union.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use our booking platform or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
We may use the following third party web analytic services on the website. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use the website. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. These analytic services may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the marketing materials of their own advertising network.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google's ability to use and share information collected by Google Analytics is in accordance with their policies: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
You can prevent Google's collection and processing of data by using the Google Ads Settings page or downloading and installing their browser plug-in (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may hold your data on servers in United Kingdom and any other territories as we see fit from time to time.
Your consent and rights
By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this policy.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), individuals have the right:
to make requests to those who process personal data about them (known as “subject access requests”) for information as to what data are stored, what it is used for, the recipients to whom it is or may be disclosed and the source of the personal data;
- to prevent processing likely to cause substantial damage or substantial distress to them or to another;
- to object to direct marketing;
- to veto automated decisions which significantly affect them;
- to take action to get their personal data corrected or erased; and
- to compensation from data controllers for breaches of the Act
You may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us if you wish to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Please send requests for such objections, access to data, correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held, questions or complaints to:
36a Commercial Road, London E1 1LN
+44 207 481 8507
In accordance with the terms of the Act, we have the right to and may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
In the event that a User wishes to access or amend his or her personal information and data, the Company may request him or her to provide personal details in order to verify and confirm his or her identity. A passport number or business registration certificate number cannot be amended unless such data is proved to be inaccurate. The Company is required to respond to a User's request within five (5) days of his or her request and will endeavor to do so wherever possible.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Last updated: 1 September 2016
Other applicable terms
Information about us
The Services are provided and operated by Cuckooz Limited. We are a limited liability company registered in United Kingdom with registered number 10026388 and have our registered office at 36a Commercial Road, London E1 1LN.
Changes of terms
Changes to our services
• The Services that we provide are always evolving and the form and nature of the Services that we provide may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, we may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally and not be able to provide you with prior notice. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time and without prior notice to you.
• We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that our Services or any content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
Accessing our services
• Our Services are made available free of charge.
• We do not guarantee that our Services, or any content, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Services is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Services without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
• You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Services.
Your licence to use the services
Our intellectual property rights
• All intellectual property rights subsisting in respect of the Services belong to Cuckooz Limited or have been lawfully licensed to Cuckooz Limited for use in connection with the Services. All rights under applicable laws are hereby reserved. You are not allowed to upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit or distribute in any way any component of the website itself or create derivative works with respect thereto, as the website is copyrighted under applicable laws.
• You agree that we are free to use, disclose, adopt and modify all and any ideas, concepts, knowhow, proposals, suggestions, comments and other communications and information provided by you to us (the “Feedback”) in connection with the Services and/or your use of the Services without any payment to you. You hereby waive and agree to waive all and any rights and claims for any consideration, fees, royalties, charges and/or other payments in relation to our use, disclosure, adoption and/or modification of any or all of your Feedback.
Limited liability and warranty
Please read this section carefully since it limits the liability of Cuckooz Limited and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and licensors (collectively, the “Entities of Cuckooz Limited”). Each of the subsections below only applies up to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties or the limitation of liability in contracts, and as a result the contents of this section may not apply to you. Nothing in this section is intended to limit any rights you may have which may not be lawfully limited. All Information is for your general reference only. We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever in respect of such information.
• YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”. THE SERVICES ARE FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND THE ENTITIES OF CUCKOOZ LIMITED MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES ON MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
• THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF THE ENTITIES OF CUCKOOZ LIMITED AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE, IS RE-PERFORMANCE OF DEFECTIVE SERVICES. IN JURISDICTIONS WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF LIABILITY, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WE DO NOT ENDORSE, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ANY MATERIAL, PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED THROUGH US OR OUR SERVICES. WE ARE NOT AND WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY.
• IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE ENTITIES OF CUCKOOZ LIMITED EXCEED ONE THOUSAND GREAT BRITISH POUNDS (GBP 1,000).
• The Entities of Cuckooz Limited shall not guarantee or assume any responsibility that:
• the information presented in our Services is accurate, adequate, current or reliable, or may be used for any purpose other than for general reference;
• the information presented in our Services is free of defect, error, omission, virus or anything which may change, erase, add to or damage your software, data or equipment;
• messages sent through the internet including in connection with the services will be free from interception, corruption, error, delay or loss;
• access to the Services will be available or be uninterrupted;
• use of the Services will achieve any particular result; or
• defects in the Services will be corrected.
• Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in no event will the Entities of Cuckooz Limited be liable to you or any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential loss or damages, including any loss of business or profit, arising out of any use, or inability to use, the information or the services, even if any of the Entities of Cuckooz Limited has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
• You will exercise and rely solely on your own skill and judgment in your use and interpretation of the information and use of the services. You are responsible to ensure that your use of the information and the Services complies with all applicable legal requirements.
Content copyright policy
• Cuckooz Limited respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Services to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorised to act on their behalf; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (iv) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
• We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice, at our sole discretion, and without liability to you. In appropriate circumstances, we will also terminate a user's account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer. Our address for notice of alleged copyright infringement appearing on the Services is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of the services
• We do not guarantee that our Services will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
• You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Services: (i) access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Cuckooz Limited's computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Cuckooz Limited's providers; (ii) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iii) access or search or attempt to access or search the Services by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by us (and only pursuant to those terms and conditions), (scraping the Services without our prior consent is expressly prohibited); (iv) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information; or (v) interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, or by scripting the creation of Content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services.
• We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Services will cease immediately.
Linking to us
You may link to our Services provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our Services in any website that is not owned by you. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
• Third-party links and resources in our site
• The links from the Services may take you to other sites or services and you acknowledge and agree that Cuckooz Limited has no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of any Information provided by third parties services and websites.
• The Services may include advertisements, which may be targeted to the Content or information on the Services, queries made through the Services, or other information. The types and extent of advertising by Cuckooz Limited on the Services are subject to change. In consideration for us granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that Cuckooz Limited and its third-party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Services or in connection with the display of Content or information from the Services whether submitted by you or others.
• Links to other websites and services do not constitute an endorsement by us of such websites or services, or the Information, products, advertising or other materials available made available by such third parties.
No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
• You may end your agreement with us at any time for any reason by discontinuing your use of the Services. You do not need to specifically inform us when you stop using the Services.
• Nothing in this section shall affect our rights to change, limit or stop the provision of the Services without prior notice, as provided above in Clause 5 Changes to our services.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Last updated: 1 September 2016